: Feb 27, 2021
To continue to support our schools, students, staff and families, the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board is pleased to be able to facilitate, in partnership with Hamilton public Health Services and the Ministry of Education, voluntary targeted COVID-19 testing to be conducted at St. John Henry Newman Catholic Secondary School
. In addition to daily screening, masking and the other health and safety measures, targeted testing in schools is an important layer of protection that helps to limit the spread of COVID-19. Targeted testing will help ensure that our schools remain safe learning environments.
This clinic will be administering the panbio test. Please see the attached infographic for information on the testing procedure.
Targeted COVID-19 testing is voluntary for asymptomatic students and staff from St. John Henry Newman Feeder Schools
and will take place on:
• Saturday, February 27, 2021 from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
Register in advance for the COVID-19 testing using this link
. We recommend setting Google Chrome as your browser when using this testing site.
Consent will be required from parents or guardians of students under 18 years old. Please take note of the following:
• As part of the registration process, you will be required to provide your child’s health card, parent/guardian information along with child information, including name and date of birth. You will also complete a COVID-19 questionnaire and a consent form (also attached for quick reference).
• If you are experiencing technical difficulties while registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. This email service is available from 8:00am – 8:00pm and is monitored throughout the day.
• If you have trouble creating your appointment, please contact GVT Lab Imaging Services Inc. at email@example.com
or go to the testing site during clinic hours.
• If you do not have a functional email, you will not be able to have your results emailed to you. In this case, you will have to return to the testing site around two hours after your test to pick up a paper copy of your results. Identification will be required to receive your results. When you arrive at the testing location at the school, please make sure to be wearing a mask and to bring your QR code (if possible) and your child’s health card.
The school and the board will communicate with parents, guardians and staff should the need for future targeted testing dates arise.